Archery GB (AGB) is the national governing body for the sport of Archery in the UK and a member of World Archery. Lintman Archery Club as an affiliated Club of AGB is recognised both within the sport and externally as an accredited sports Club.
The benefits of membership of Archery GB for individual members include:-
- Enabling members to progress as an archer beyond the Club. There is a network of over 2,000 coaches at various levels – from Club to Region – to help develop member’s archery skills. Archery GB also run training academies and personal performance courses.
- Access to recognised archery tournaments and events throughout the UK run by clubs, counties and regions as well as national tournaments run by AGB.
- The opportunity to train to become an archery coach within the nationally recognised sports coaching structure.
- A range of awards that recognise achievements from being a club archer through to international performer at both junior and senior level. AGB also maintain many national records that provide members with the opportunities to excel.
- Membership services that include individual advice and guidance on archery matters together with an annual membership pack (including membership card) and a subscription to Archery UK the quarterly magazine of AGB delivered to your door.
- Insurance is provided for individual members to participate in archery events and tournaments run by other AGB Clubs throughout the UK.
- Knowledge that AGB affiliated Clubs subscribe to a common framework of rules and regulations designed to support the delivery of archery in a safe, diverse and enjoyable environment.
The benefits of affiliation to Archery GB for the Club include:-
- External recognition of the Club as an accredited sports club and archery provider.
- AGB maintains the organisational framework for the sport of Archery in the UK. This includes keeping records of the national structure of Regions, Counties and Clubs as well as a register of licenced coaches and judges.
- AGB publishes the rules and regulations that govern the sport (alongside those of World Archery) and provides Clubs and members with insurance cover. Insurance cover is an essential element for any Club as it protects volunteers and members as individuals from claims made against the Club.
- AGB provides a Safeguarding framework to allow children, young and vulnerable people to participate safely in archery. AGB deals with all the processing relating to child protection and provides help and guidance for the Club to ensure that we comply with other legal requirements such as data protection and the rules that govern doping in sport.
- AGB provides the link to Sport England through its development team and ‘on target’ Club development programme. AGB provides help and support to Clubs seeking grant funding.
AGB has recently updated its strategic plan and set out its mission to “Lead, grow and promote archery to create greater value for our sport”.
One of AGB’s strategic objectives is to help affiliated clubs to “grow and sustain participation with effective facilities, coaching and competition strategies”. AGB is beginning a process of transformation to take archery forward and Lintman’s Management Committee support the strategic plan for developing our sport in the UK.